Luanda’s first shopping mall opens December 14, with 100 stores

20 November 2006

Luanda, Angola, 20 Nov – The first shopping mall in Luanda, known as Belas Shopping, with 100 stores and eight cinema screens, is due to open on December 14, at a total investment of US$35 million financed by Brazilian and Angolan investors.

The first phase of the project, which will open its doors in time for the holiday season, has 100 stores, eight cinemas and a restaurant area, and also has 900 parking spots.

Belas Shopping, located in Talatona in the south of the Angolan capital, has a construction area of 28,300 square meters and will open every day between 9 am and 10 pm.

The mall is being financed by a consortium in which Angola’s Hogi has a 70 percent stake and Brazil’s Odebrecht with the remaining 30 percent, and it will be managed by Brazilian company Enashoppe.

Initial forecasts point to Belas Shopping having, on average, between 5,000 and 10,000 visitors per day. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH