Russia’s Alrosa partners Angolans to set up diamond company in Luanda

18 January 2007

Moscow, Russia, 18 Jan – Alrosa, Russia’s largest diamond producer, and Angola’s Sky – Investimentos & Participações have set up a company called Rosan Mining and Investments Company Ltd in Luanda, the Russian company said in Moscow.

Alrosa holds 90 percent of the new company and Sky the remaining 10 percent.

Rosan Mining aims to be involved in mining projects and polishing and sale of diamonds.

Alrosa (Almazy Rossii-Sakha) was set up via a presidential decree on February 19, 1992 and represents 100 percent of Russian rough diamond production and 20 percent of world rough diamond production. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH