Private investment in Angola’s non-oil sector totals US$1.3 billion in first half

9 September 2009

Luanda, Angola, 9 Sept – In the first half of the year Angola approved 268 private investment proposals totalling around US$1.3 billion in the non-oil sector, the coordinator of the restructuring commission of the National Private Investment Agency (ANIP), Aguinaldo Jaime said in Luanda Monday.

“The amount is lower than that posted in the same period of last year (2008) for which ANIP had proposals to the value of US$1.6 billion, which represented a reduction of 12 percent in relation to the previous year,” said Jaime.

The coordinator of the Commission for Restructuring of the National Agency for Private Investment (ANIP), who was speaking at the Angola-Italy economic forum, said that of this total amount, national investment accounted for 55.6 percent as compared to 34 percent the previous year.

In his turn the Angolan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, António Santos said that Angola continues to be a market that provides good opportunities although its small and medium-sized companies need to develop partnerships. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH