Boa Vista Island, Cape Verde plays host to 50 national and foreign investors

9 October 2009

Praia, Cabo Verde, 9 Oct – The Tourism Development Company of the Islands of Boa Vista and Maio (SDTIBM) is hosting a meeting on 15 october with around 50 national and foreign investors to present teh tourism investment oportunities available on the two islands.

The executive director of SDTIBM, José Carvalho, said ahead of the meeting that “the areas of environmental protection and preservation account for 46 percent of the area” of tourism development, and “the remaining 54 percent is for tourist resorts.”

Carvalho said that of that 54 percent, “just 9 percent will be set aside for construction.”

Meanwhile, the future road linking the airport to Labatão will be up for tender next week and will have initial investment of 14 million euros (127 million Cape Verdean escudos). (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH