Construction of Unicer beer brewery in Angola begins

4 January 2010

Lisbon, Portugal, 4 Jan – Portugal’s Unicer group will finally be able to begin its US$120 million investment in the construction of a beer brewery in Angola, the Diário de Notícias reported on Monday.
The group’s president, António Pires de Lima, told the Lisbon-based daily that the project dates to 2003 but that the contracts regulating the relationship between partners and company governance, delegated to Unicer, were only signed now.

“It’s good news to end the year – we’re going to formalise the establishment of a new company in January at the latest and the project will enter a new phase, physical execution, with the purchase of land and the start of investment,” Pires de Lima said.

The company will be called Única. Unicer will hold a 49 percent stake, with the remaining 51 percent split equally between Giasope, Emprominas and Imosil.

All Angolan government authorisations have been assured since last July, most importantly the investment contract with the National Private Investment Agency.
Plans call for the factory, located about 30 kilometres from Luanda, to create more than 1,000 direct and 10,000 indirect jobs, and to begin operating in 2012. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH