Angola’s Benguela province has fish flour factory

1 September 2010

Baía Farta, Angola, 1 Sept – A fish flour factory, with a production capacity of 1 ton per hour, is operating on an experimental basis in the municipality of Baía Farta, in Angola’s Benguela province, Angolan news agency Angop reported.

Athe factory is a project of the Pesca Fresca company, which has invested US$5 million in it, and the factory’s official inauguration is scheduled for this month.

Pesca Fresca’s Administration and Human Resources director, Francisco Gabriel, said that the factory had been built over a period of 10 months and was a partnership between Angolan business owners, with a 51 percent share and Namibian and South African counterparts, with the remaining 49 percent.

Gabriel also said that as well as producing fish flour for animal feed and agriculture, the factory will produce fish oil for the pharmaceutical industry, the potential customers for which are China and Japan.

He said that the experimental phase, which began last week, was due to end this month when the fish flour factory will be officially inaugurated. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH