Luanda, Angola, 29 Sept – The programme for reconstruction of Angola’s network made it possible to rebuild over 5,000 kilometres of road between 2008 and 2009, the director general of the Angolan National Roads Institute (INEA), Joaquim Sebastião said Tuesday in Luanda.
Cited by Angolan news agency Angop, Sebastião, who was speaking at a meeting on public-private partnerships and modernisation of road infrastructures, also said that over 7,500 kilometres would be rebuilt between 2011 and 2013.
The director general of INEA said that the programme for the next three-year period included repairs or rebuilding of 1,400 bridges of various sizes.
Sebastião also gave assurances that work that had come to a halt, due to delays in payment, would begin again in October of next year in order to prevent the deterioration of the work already carried out and the loss of investments made.
Sebastião noted that the government had already started paying its debts to foreign and Angolan construction companies and had thus made it possible for work that was at a standstill to re-start. (macauhub)