South African millionaire invests in tourism in Sao Tome and Principe

14 February 2011

Sao Tome, Sao Tome and Principe, 14 Feb – The Bombom Islet tourist resort on Principe island, was acquired last week by South African millionaire Mark Shuttleworth, the millionaire himself announced Sunday speaking in the capital, Sao Tome.

The Bombom Islet was owned by the Netherland’s Rowmbont Swarbont who is also negotiating the sale of the Homali Lodji hotel with the South African millionaire.

Mark Shuttleworth is the third owner of the tourist facilities, which were also built by a South African millionaire, Christopher Hellinger.

Shuttleworth, 37, who was the first African to go into space, said he had other projects to carry out on the islands of Sao Tome and Principe, to which he is travelling for the third time.

“My aim is to help develop eco-tourism, agriculture and a sustainable agri-forestry system, whilst creating jobs,” he said. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH