Japan donates 19,000 tons of rice to Mozambique

2 February 2012

Maputo, Mozambique, 2 Feb – The Japanese government plans Thursday to offer Mozambique 19,611 tons of rose worth some 970 million yen, or US$10 million, Mozambique’s Industry and Trade Ministry said in a statement issued in Maputo.

According to the statement the ceremony to receive the food aid will be held Thursday at the port of Maputo. 70 percent of the rice is from the US and the remaining 30 percent is from Thailand.

The delivery of the rice to Mozambique will be attended by Industry and Trade Minister, Armando Inroga, and by the Japanese ambassador to Mozambique, Eiji Hashimoto. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH