Brazilian entrepreneurs urged to invest in Mozambique

13 November 2012

Brazil-Mozambique Week is taking place from this November 10th to 17th and the director of Mozambique’s Investment Promotion Centre (CPI) has urged Brazilian entrepreneurs to invest in the industrialisation of Mozambican agriculture.

During a meeting with 12 Brazilian entrepreneurs representing 60 companies, who are in Mozambique on a business prospecting mission, Lourenço Sambo highlighted the huge potential of Mozambican agriculture.

Sambo stressed investment opportunities along the Maputo, Beira and Pemba/Lichinga road and rail corridors and guaranteed the existence of the right conditions for agriculture and livestock production.

The CPI director explained that 97 percent of the country’s farms are family operations and the remaining 3 percent commercial operations. He said it was necessary to invert this situation so that Mozambique can become a major producer.

The chairman of Mozambique’s Federation of Economic Associations, Rogério Manuel, mentioned in turn various advantages of investing in Mozambique, such as the existence of a good business environment, the country’s strategic location, abundant mineral resources and free access to markets in the United States, European Union and Southern African Development Community. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH