Portuguese drinks group Unicer to start building factory in Angola this year

21 May 2013

Construction of a factory in Angola by Portuguese drinks group Unicer is due to begin this year and is expected to start operating at the end of 2015, said the group’s chief executive.

According to Portuguese financial daily newspaper Diário Económico, António Pires de Lima also said that it had recently been possible, following a four-year delay, to solve the problems between the Portuguese partner and the four Angolan shareholders of the project.

At the February shareholders meeting of Única, which is 49 percent owned by the Unicer group and the remaining 51 percent by four Angolan shareholders, Pires de Lima said, an agreement was reached about the ratio of shareholder equity to debt in order to finance the project.

They also reached an acceptable balance about what each partner would have to invest, both in terms of equity and in terms of debt that will be taken on, said the Unicer CEO.

The group, which owns the super Bock brand of beer, produces beer, wine, soft drinks, mineral water and cider, is a company that is majority-owned by Portuguese shareholder Viacer with 56 percent and the remaining 44 percent is owned by the Carlsberg group. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH