Britain’s Kentz engineering group wins contract for Nacala, Mozambique

11 July 2013

The British engineering and construction group Kentz will carry out work in the Mozambican port of Nacala under terms of a US$38 million contract signed with the Nacala Integrated Logistics Corridor (CLIN), the group announced in a statement released on Wednesday.

CLIN is a partnership between Vale Moçambique Limitada, a subsidiary of Brazil’s Vale group, with an 80 percent stake, and the state-owned ports and railways company, Portos e Caminhos de Ferro de Moçambique (CFM), with the remaining 20 percent.

The Nacala Corridor Project aims to provide a logistical solution for the outflow of coal mined in Moatize, Tete province, via a 912 km long railway to the Nacala port’s maritime terminal.

Under terms of the contract, the company Kentz Engineers and Constructors Limitada should finish the adjudicated work in November 2014. This includes the assembly of 13 km of conveyor belts and the installation of nearly 14,000 tons of equipment including stackers, reclaimers and ship loaders. (macauhub)