In 2013 the Angolan government invested US$2 billion in the modernisation and expansion of the port of Lobito, the chairman of the port’s management company, Anapaz Neto said Tuesday.
Neto told Angolan news agency Angop that the funding built an ore terminal and a container terminals as well as a dry dock.
“All of these projects are finished and ready to operate, which should happen in around two months,” said Neto.
Although figures for 2013 have yet to be signed off, the chairman of the port of Lobito said that some 2 million tons of cargo had been handled, which is an increase of 2.5 percent against 2012. (macauhub)