China State Grid partners companies in Brazil to build power transmission line

10 February 2014

The consortium of the China State Grid group and the Furnas and Eletronorte companies, of Brazilian group Eletrobras, have been awarded the tender for construction of power transmission line running from the Belo Monte hydroelectric facility, the Brazilian press reported.

The Chinese group controls 51 percent of the consortium, called Interligação Eléctrica Belo Monte, and the remaining 49 percent are split between Furnas and Eletronorte.

The consortium was awarded the tender by presenting a proposal with a discount of 38 percent on total annual revenues, which guarantees revenues of 434.6 million reals per year.

The consortium will be responsible for building an operating 2,092-kilometre power transmission line and two converter stations. The line will carry power produced at the hydroelectric facility in the state of Pará to the southeast of Brazil and is estimated to cost 5 billion reals.  (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH