Asia-Pacific airlines to receive more aircraft over the next 20 years

13 February 2014

Airlines in the Asia-Pacific region, including China, will receive around 1,500 new jet aircraft from the 70 to 130 seater segment over the next 20 years, according to a projection from Brazil’s Embraer Aviação Comercial issued Wednesday.

Accounting for around 20 percent of world demand for aircraft in that segment, the 1,500 new aircraft will have a total catalogue price of US$70 billion according to Embraer Aviação Comercial.

Some 65 percent of deliveries to the Asia-Pacific region, 65 percent will support market growth and the remaining 35 percent will replace older aircraft.

The commercial aviation division of Empresa Brasileira de Aeronáutica also expects the Asia-Pacific market to become wealthier, more competitive and liberal, which will encourage companies to further improve efficiency, add value to their brand and improve levels of service.

Paulo César Silva, the chairman of Embraer Aviação Comercial, said that economic growth in the region had changed its social and demographic context as the urban middle class has increased its purchasing power and therefore is more likely to travel by air. Demand was expected to increase by 6 percent until 2032, he said, mainly driven by China and India. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH