Tobacco groups from the US and China conclude partnership in Brazil

2 April 2014

Tobacco companies Alliance One Brasil Exportadora de Tabacos and China Tabaco Internacional do Brasil have finished setting up a partnership company known as China Brasil Tabacos Exportadora, US group Alliance One International, Inc said.

China Brasil Tabacos (CBT) Exportadora is 51 percent owned by China Tabaco Internacional do Brasil, the Brazilian subsidiary of the China Tobacco group. The remaining 49 percent is owned by Alliance One Brasil Exportadora de Tabacos, a subsidiary of the US group.

CBT currently works with 9,500 tobacco producers and its administrative activities and tobacco purchasing and processing work will be carried out at the Alliance One International facility in the Venâncio Aires municipality of the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul.

Through this new partnership the China Tobacco group has guaranteed its supply of tobacco leaf to China, which is the world’s largest consumer of cigarettes and other tobacco products. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH