Gaming in Macau generates gross revenue of US$12.811 billion in 1st quarter

16 April 2014

Gross revenue from all kinds of games in Macau stood at 102.491 billion patacas (US$12.811 billion) in the first quarter of 2014, indicate figures released by the Macau Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau.

Games of fortune and chance or casino gaming represented 99.7 percent of the total or 102.199 billion patacas. Greyhound and horse racing, Chinese and instant lotteries and sports lotteries with betting on football and basketball accounted for the remaining 0.3 percent.

Regarding casino gaming, VIP baccarat and baccarat accounted for 91.5 percent of gross revenue left by bettors, respectively 65.062 billion patacas and 28.491 billion patacas.

Far behind were slot machines, with 3.943 billion patacas, and ‘cussec’, a game using three dice, with gross revenue of 1.954 billion patacas.

At the end of the first quarter there were 35 casinos in Macau, with 5,700 gaming tables and 13,232 slot machines: Socidedade de Jogos de Macau (20), Galaxy Casino (6), Venetian Macau (4), Wynn Resorts – Macau (1), Melco Crown – Macau (3) and MGM Grand Paradise (1). (macauhub/MO)

MACAUHUB FRENCH