Brazil’s Embraer increases production of parts for executive jets in Portugal

8 April 2015

Brazilian aeronautical company Embraer plans to start producing parts for the new series of E2 executive jets, the company’s chief executive said in Évora, southern Portugal.

Frederico Fleury Curado, cited by Portuguese financial newspaper Diário Económico also announced that Embraer is in negotiations with the Portuguese government to take advantage of the Portugal 2020 EU funds.

The CEO of Embraer said that the choice of Portugal for making executive jet aircraft parts is part of a business diversification strategy.

Embraer has a 75 percent stake in OGMA – Indústria Aeronáutica de Portugal, with the remaining 25 percent held by the Portuguese State. (macauhub/BR/PT)