Tax collection in 2015 in Mozambique estimated at US$4.3 billion

13 April 2015

The Mozambique Tax Authority (AT) expects to collect 155.4 billion meticais (US$4.3 billion) in tax revenues in 2015, the AT’s president said Saturday.

Rosário Fernandes said that 102.9 billion meticais, 66 percent of the target, would be collected through internal taxes and the remaining 52.6 billion meticais, or 34 percent, obtained from taxes on foreign trade, according to Mozambican news agency AIM.

During the 9th National Seminar on Fiscal and Customs Enforcement, the Minister of Economy and Finance, Adriano Maleiane, said preliminary data showed that in fiscal year 2014 record taxes of 156.2 billion meticais were raised, or 102.1 percent compared to the planned fiscal target.

The minister said that the amount collected represents a nominal increase of 23.7 percent when compared to 2013 and is a significant result “making this a valuable contribution to the efforts to gradually reduce Mozambique’s external dependence.” (macauhub/MZ)

MACAUHUB FRENCH