The government of Angola will spend US$368 million building infrastructure at seven industrial development hubs, making use of a credit line opened by China, an official from the Industry Ministry said Monday.
The Director of the Office of Studies, Planning and Statistics of the Ministry of Industry, Ivan Prado, also told Angolan news agency Angop that the development hubs are in Caála (Huambo), Negage (Uíge), Porto Amboim (Kwanza Sul), Malanje, Soyo (Zaire), Menongue (Kuando Kubango) and Dondo (Kwanza Norte).
“The process is currently at the stage of completion of the public tender and the work should begin as soon as the contracts are awarded,” he said, adding that the work involved infrastructure that “despite being talked about for over 20 years has not been built.”
Prado said these seven hubs had been selected because they were included in the National Development Plan and their infrastructure is expected to be built within 11 to 13 months, according to the proposals submitted to public tender.
The Director of the Office of Studies, Planning and Statistics of the Ministry of Industry said infrastructure for the remaining development hubs will be built at a later stage, given that it is a very costly process. (macauhub/AO/CN)