EDP Brasil successfully bids for four batches of transmission lines and substations

26 April 2017

EDP Brasil scooped four batches of transmission lines and substations with a combined length of 1,184 kilometres in an auction held on Monday by the National Electrical Energy Agency (Aneel), according to a statement issued by the agency.

 

By winning lots 7, 11, 18 and 21 of a total of 35, EDP Brasil, in one case in partnership, committed to making an investment of 3 billion reais (US$955 million) to add 1,184 kilometres of transmission lines to the electrical system in Brazil.

 

The projects auctioned off will be installed in the states of Minas Gerais, São Paulo, Santa Catarina, Rio Grande do Sul and Maranhão.

 

In the northeast, EDP Brasil will build 324 kilometres of lines, increasing the build 375 kilometres of lines to connect the cities of Estreito (Minas Gerais) and Cachoeira Paulista (Sao Paulo), increasing the security of the electricity supply in the region.

 

The Brazilian subsidiary of EDP – Energias de Portugal will also expand the network in the southern state of Santa Catarina by 485 kilometres, which will allow residents to reduce dependence on local thermal power production.

 

In the latter case, EDP Brasil joined Centrais Eléctricas de Santa Catarina (Celesc) in the Aliança Consortium, in which the former has a 90% stake and the latter the remaining 10%.

 

The National Electrical Energy Agency (Aneel) on Monday put up for auction 7,400 kilometres of transmission lines and 36 substations spread across 20 Brazilian states (Alagoas, Bahia, Ceará, Goiás, Maranhão, Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais, Pará, Paraná, Paraíba, Pernambuco, Piauí, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Norte, Rio Grande do Sul, Rondonia, Santa Catarina, São Paulo, Sergipe and Tocantins). (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH