CCCC Group invests in port terminal in Brazil

7 September 2017

The China Communications Construction Company (CCCC) will invest in the construction of the Babitonga Bulk Terminal (TGB), in Brazil, in partnership with infrastructure investment fund Anessa, Brazilian newspaper Valor Económico reported.

The TGB currently has as shareholders the Anessa Fund, which brings together investors from the State of Santa Catarina, with 80% and the China National Cereals, Oils and Foodstuffs Corporation (COFCO), with the remaining 20%. Estimates point to the terminal needing an investment of 1.6 billion reais (US$514 million).

The investment, which was the subject of a memorandum of understanding recently signed in Beijing, will be built in the insular part of São Francisco do Sul, a municipality in the Brazilian state.

The TGB will have a capacity to process 14 million tonnes of cargo, occupy an area of 601,000 square metres, have a 316.8-metre long pier, 14 meters of draft and three railway lines with a total length of 2,000 metres.

The terminal will have a sugar silo with a capacity of 1 million tonnes and three grain silos with a capacity of 250,000 tonnes each and three on-board loading systems with a flow of 4,000 tonnes per hour.

This is the second project of the CCCC group in Brazil, following an agreement with Brazilian company WPR Participações, controlled by the WTorre group, in 2016 to invest in a port terminal to be built at the port of São Luís in the State of Maranhão. (macauhub)