Viana Industrial Hub rescinds cancels contracts with inoperative companies

14 November 2017

The Viana Industrial Hub is in the process of cancelling around 150 contracts with companies and return of unused areas, the chairman of the board of the Hub said on  Monday in Luanda at the end of a symposium commemorating the 10th anniversary of the institution.

Luís Ribeiro said 15 contracts had already been cancelled and plots returned to the Hub, with 32 more due to be concluded within days and some lawsuits launched for situations that require legal intervention.

“There are cases still underway and we hope that by the end of this year we will have significant areas available to deliver to investors who have real conditions to launch their projects,” he said, quoted by Angolan news agency Angop.

The Viana Industrial Development Hub, an area for the development of industrial projects, in Luanda, with 2,800 hectares currently has at least 600 companies installed there, of which 330 are working with approximately 6,500 employees.

Ribeiro also said US$100 million was still required for the construction and/or repair of essential infrastructure such as water-supply and power networks, repair and asphalting of the road network and tree planting.

The chairman of the board of directors said there had never been consistent investment in the Hub, including in the power grid, which was expanded based on needs, as well as the water supply network, which does not exist, although there is a distribution centre.  (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH