Brazil’s Embraer delivers 39 jet aircraft in the third quarter of 2018

22 October 2018

Brazilian aeronautical company Embraer delivered 15 jet aircraft for the commercial aircraft segment and 24 aircraft for the business aviation segment in the third quarter of 2018, the company said.

The 24 aircraft for the business aircraft segment included 17 light aircraft and seven large aircraft, Embraer said in a statement released in São José dos Campos, adding that the firm order book at the end of September was worth US$13.6 billion.

In its recent Market Outlook Report, Embraer said it expects demand for 10,550 aircraft with a capacity of up to 150 seats in the commercial aviation segment over the next 20 years.

The fleet of aircraft in service is expected to increase to 16,000 units in the period, higher than the 9,000 that are currently in operation, with market growth stimulating 65% of demand while the remaining 35% will be used to replace old aircraft.

Embraer, which is the world’s largest manufacturer of aircraft with up to 150 seats, operates in the commercial, executive, defence and security and agricultural aviation segments, having produced more than 8,000 aircraft since it was founded in 1969. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH