Construction of Angola’s Cabinda Refinery, awarded to United Shine consortium

12 November 2018

The construction of the Cabinda Refinery was awarded to the United Shine consortium in partnership with Angola’s national oil and gas company, Sonangol, the state-owned company said in a statement on Friday.

The statement also said that the consortium will have a 90% stake in this project, and the remaining 10% will be owned by Sonangol Refinação – Sonaref.

The Angolan government launched an international tender for the construction of the Cabinda and Lobito refineries in 2017, under the strategy of developing the crude oil refining business in the country, and received 68 expressions of interest.

Of the sixty-eight entities that initially expressed an interest in participating in the construction of a refinery in Cabinda and another in Lobito, twenty-eight were cleared for Phase One, seven of which were selected in Phase Two to compete for the construction project of the refinery in Cabinda, which should have a processing capacity of no more than 60,000 barrels of oil per day.

In the second phase, the selected entities were subject to an assessment of their legal-legal status, technical and financial skills, and the Cabinda process has now reached its end.

The statement gave no details about the companies that make up the United Shine consortium. (macauhub)

MACAUHUB FRENCH