The first presentation of the public tender to grant mining rights in Angola, taking place on Tuesday, in Luanda, received more than 60 expressions of interest, namely from Brazil and South Africa, according to the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Oil.
A source from the ministry said that, in addition to registrations for the Luanda meeting, others had already been received for the meetings due to be held in Dubai, Beijing and London, and on Tuesday the meeting in Luanda will be mostly attended by Angolan or foreign residents in the capital.
The technical presentations of the first tenders for the allocation of diamond, iron and phosphate prospecting and exploration rights will take place from 27 August to 20 September in the cities of Luanda (Angola), Dubai (United Arab Emirates), Beijing (China) and London (United Kingdom).
The Ministry of Mineral Resources and Oil said recently that five mining concessions will be put out for international public tender, two of which are for diamonds in the provinces of Lunda Norte and Lunda Sul, one for iron ore in Kwanza Norte and two for phosphates in Cabinda and Zaire.
The ministry intends to launch the tender “between 30 September and 2 October”, which will be followed by a period of 25 to 120 days for the reception, analysis and selection of proposals and subsequent granting of rights and the process is expected to be completed by the end of the year. (Macauhub)