The Science and Technology Development Fund (FDCT) will hold the opening ceremony of the “2019 Annual Research Project Concluding Exhibition and Academic Report Meetings” at N1-G014, University of Macau, at 3:00 pm, November 11, 2020. At that time, 103 concluded research projects from 2019 will be exhibited. Also, Prof. Rui Paulo da Silva Martins, Director of State Key Laboratory of Analog and Mixed-Signal VLSI, University of Macau, and Prof. Yang Zifeng, State Key Laboratory of Quality Research in Chinese Medicines, Macau University of Science and Technology, will be invited to deliver keynote speeches. The speech given Prof. Rui Paulo da Silva Martins is “From State-of-the-Art CMOS Enabling Internet-of-Everything (IoE) and other Emerging Systems with Leading-Edge-Efficiency Wireless Transceivers, Data and Power Conversion ICs through Lab-on-Chip with Digital Microfluidics towards Lab-on-CMOS”, and the one given by Prof. Yang Zifeng is “The Pathway for Medical Translation of Banlangen in View of Treating Influenza and other respiratory viruses”. The opening ceremony will be held both online and onsite simultaneously. The live webcast can be viewed on FDCT’s Facebook page. Following the keynote speeches are academic report meetings, which will be divided into four themes and held simultaneously at four venues, with 17 project leaders presenting their project findings.
Venue One: Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Research project, “A Luminescent Screening Platform to Identify DNA Repair Enzyme Modulators from Natural Products” led by Prof. Leung Chung Hang, University of Macau;
- Research project “Using Nucleotide Metabolomics to Investigate the Impacts of Tonic Chinese Herbs on DNA Damage and Repair” led by Prof. Zhang Wei, Macau University of Science and Technology;
- Research project “Identification of Lignanamides from Chinese Medicines to Selectively Up-regulate Bip Expression for Neuroprotection” led by Prof. Zhu Guoyuan, Macau University of Science and Technology;
- Research project “Collaborative Study on Safety-related Key Points in International Chinese Medicine Trade” led by Prof. Wang Yitao, University of Macau.
Venue Two: Life Sciences
- Research project “Artificial Intelligence (AI) System for Screening, Diagnosis and Prediction of COVID-19 Pneumonia” led by Prof. Zhang Kang, Macau University of Science and Technology;
- Research project “Dysregulated Epigenetic Readers in Glioblastoma Multiforme” led by Prof. Li Gang, University of Macau;
- Research project “Role and Therapeutic Intervention of Reactive Oxygen Species and Redox Balance in Regulation of Non-small Cell Lung Cancer” led by Prof. Leung Lai Han, Macau University of Science and Technology;
- Research project “The Impact of Self-care Education and Nurse-led Clinic and Telephonic Follow-up Programme on Outcomes of Chronic Heart Failure Patients in Macau: A Preliminary Study” led by Ms. Chio Hao I, Kiang Wu Hospital Charitable Association;
- Research project “Single Cell Gene Expression Analysis of Mammary Stem Cells and Cancer Stem Cells for Brca1 Related Mammary Cancer” led by Prof. Deng Chuxia, University of Macau.
Venue Three: Computer and Information Technology
- Research project “Design of Digitally-controlled Low-dropout Regulators” led by Prof. Lu Yan, University of Macau;
- Research project “Safety Payment of QR Code Generator”, led by Mr. Sio Caleo Teaki, Uepay Macao Limited;
- Research project “A New Dual Asymmetric Pulse Width Modulation Scheme for Full-bridge DC/DC Converters” led by Prof. Li Xiaodong, Macau University of Science and Technology;
- Research project “Enabled Techniques for Fiber Wireless Convergence towards 5G” led by Chang Kam Meng, MTEL – Telecommunication Company Limited.
Venue Four: Nature, Engineering and Materials
- Research project “Modeling the Shearing Behavior of Soil-structural Interface with Micromechanics Approach” led by regulators” led by Prof. Zhou Wanhuan, University of Macau;
- Research project “Shape, Internal Structure, Zonal Winds and Gravitational Field of Jupiter and Saturn” led by regulators” led by Prof. Zhang Keke, Macau University of Science and Technology;
- Research project “Dimension Problems in Dynamical Systems” led by Prof. Ma Chao, Macau University of Science and Technology;
- Research project “A Novel Fisher Vector and Linear SVM Based Non-rigid 3D Shape Retrieval Methodology towards Design Innovation” led by Prof. Yang Zhixin, University of Macau.
The Research Project Concluding Exhibition will be held at N1, University of Macau and in front of Macau University of Science and Technology Library at the same time, from November 11 to November 18. In order to promote science and technology development and research in Macao, FDCT encourage anyone interested to attend the meetings and the exhibition. The report meetings will be held mainly in Mandarin and English. Chinese and English interpreting service will not be provided. For further information, please contact Mr. Choi from FDCT’s Project Funding Service Department at 85998129 or 28788777.
(Science and Technology Development Fund)
Government Information Bureau: